Willkommen! Anmelden Ein neues Profil erzeugen

Erweiterte Suche

Nachdenkenswertes

geschrieben von Rolf(YCH) 
Nachdenkenswertes
01. Juni 2000 17:23

Hi Leute,

heute will ich Euch mal mit einem ganz kurzen Stück aus "How dogs learn" [Mary R. Burch, Jon S. Bailey, Howell Book House, 1999] beglücken *g*, stammt aus dem Epilog des Buches.

Ich finde das so Klasse...., lest selbst:

S. 167

"...."

For example, does feeding your dog only after you eat make a dog more obedient ? Maybe so, but not for the reasons you´ve probably heard. Some trainers who conceptualize a dog-owning family as a wolf pack believe making a dog wait to eat is part of a tightly controlled program that will teach the dog that its master is above it in the pack hierarchy. But what really happens when you feed your dog on a rigid schedule ? You start giving clear instructions, applying consequences and reinforcing acceptable behavior. The change in the dog´s overall behavior has nothing to do with an ethological, cognitive canine thought such as, "Oh, she really put me in my place. I´m not as important as I thought." The change can easily be explained in terms of the contingencies of reinforcement.

Operant behaviors are controlled by consequences, and in dog training almost all of those consequences are mediated by the trainer. But the beauty of using operant procedures is that the learning and shaping process goes both ways. Owners and trainers who use positive reinforcement to shape their dogs will soon find that the dogs are shaping them. Nothing is more fun than being approached by a dog who gives you that canine look and body language that says, "Let´s go! It´s time for training!"

Ein schönes Wochenende wünschen Euch allen...

Rolf & Barney

01. Juni 2000 17:52

Hi Rolf & Barney!

Lieben Dank für den Auszug!

: For example, does feeding your dog only after you eat make a dog more obedient ?

Mmmm...eher nicht *g*.

:Maybe so, but not for the reasons you´ve probably heard. Some trainers who conceptualize a dog-owning family as a wolf pack believe making a dog wait to eat is part of a tightly controlled program that will teach the dog that its master is above it in the pack hierarchy. But what really happens when you feed your dog on a rigid schedule ? You start giving clear instructions, applying consequences and reinforcing acceptable behavior. The change in the dog´s overall behavior has nothing to do with an ethological, cognitive canine thought such as, "Oh, she really put me in my place. I´m not as important as I thought." The change can easily be explained in terms of the contingencies of reinforcement.

Absolut logisch und für mich als Hundehalterin nachvollziehbar(!) geschrieben. Vor allem wird das Thema aus einem anderen Blickwinkel erklärt. Wirklich gut vermittelt!

: Operant behaviors are controlled by consequences, and in dog training almost all of those consequences are mediated by the trainer. But the beauty of using operant procedures is that the learning and shaping process goes both ways. Owners and trainers who use positive reinforcement to shape their dogs will soon find that the dogs are shaping them. Nothing is more fun than being approached by a dog who gives you that canine look and body language that says, "Let´s go! It´s time for training!"

Wenn der Inhalt genauso gut verständlich ist wie der Epilog, dann lohnt sich ein Kauf allemal.

Dir auch ein schönes Wochenende

Porcha & Dino

01. Juni 2000 19:59

Hey Leute!

: Hi Leute,heute will ich Euch mal mit einem ganz kurzen Stück aus "How dogs learn"

Ja, Herr Lehrer.

Erstmal kann ich eben kaum Englisch, und dann ist es nicht so
besonderst, wenn Du halt einfach Bücher abtippst. Ich kann eben
auch ein paar Seiten Most hier reinsetzen, Du kannst dann eben
ein paar Seiten Lind dranhängen, und ich dann nochn paar Seiten
Dr. Raiser... Dann geht hier die Post ab... Oder doch nicht?

Bücher abtippen - Beiträge, die das Forum nicht braucht.
Und weg.

Bye Peter

01. Juni 2000 21:50

Hallo Peter,

: Bücher abtippen - Beiträge, die das Forum nicht braucht.
: Und weg.

Also, für gewöhnlich ignoriere ich ja diese Beiträge... aber langsam scheint es mir doch offensichtlich, das es für Dich völlig nutzlos ist, dieses Forum überhaupt zu lesen.
Ich habe mich jedenfalls sehr über diesen schönen Ausschnitt gefreut.

Eher habe ich den Eindruck das "das Forum" auf Beiträge Deiner Art gut verzichten kann. Um es mit Deinen Worten auszudrücken: Und weg!

Mal verärgerte Grüsse, Anneke

02. Juni 2000 08:57

Hi!

: Erstmal kann ich eben kaum Englisch,

..dafür aber viele andere.

Es tummeln sich nicht ausschließlich deutschsprachige Forums-Teilnehmer bei Yorkies und das Internet beschränkt sich ebenfalls nicht auf dem deutschsprachigen Raum.

:Bücher abtippen - Beiträge, die das Forum nicht braucht.

...und Dein Beitrag brauchen wir?

: Und weg.

DITO

Viele Grüße

Porcha & Dino

02. Juni 2000 10:16

Du musst es ja nicht lesen!